Whether you’re relocating or just rearranging, moving heavy furniture is a big job. We at B&B Moving and Storage have expertise in moving big and heavy furniture. We have are doing it for over 30 Years now, we know all the tips and tricks to handle this stuff.
Few Quick tips from our experience:
1. DO NOT use tape on furniture. Even masking tape will leave a residue. It could become a permanent fixture on your favourite armoire.
2. Decide beforehand which furniture will go where. Before you move, sketch a floor plan with the correct measurements of each room, measure your furniture and create your layout.
3. Take apart what you can. Mark the parts in order so it be easy while assembling at the final place.
4. A tall dresser, filing cabinet or shelving unit is difficult to handle. Always have 2 persons handle it. Have one person carry the top while the other carries the bottom. This centers the weight and keeps the item from swinging out of control.
5. Make Sure Drawers and Doors are Tied Closed. Do not tape doors and drawers shut. Tape is so hard on wood surfaces and almost impossible to get off without removing some of the finish. Remember the first tip?
Happy Clients Say
“Ibrahim and his crew were professional and moved the contents of our house safely and efficiently. B&B priced the move very competitively and I would..."~ Josh R.
“Reasonable price. Worked hard. Provided clear understanding of move conditions and terms."~Roger Bridge
“Amazing job in packing and moving me last minute. I highly recommend this company if you need to move immediately or down the road. They made sure all..."~Fatima Daka
“Great wrapping. Good large truck. They showed up on time. Clean truck and polite crew."~Peter Y.
“A very great company to work with. They were timely and professional. I highly recommend. "~Mike B.
“Excellent team! Showed up on time, worked diligently and treated us like their family. Would highly recommend this company. Thank you for such a great..."~Sherry Lopez
“Everyone I dealt with at B&B was extremely helpful. They charged me exactly what was quoted and they went above and beyond what was asked! I’m keeping..."~Bonnie
“Sam and his men did a great job Little concerned when first startedBut polite, hard working and consciousWould recommend "~Hugh B.